Gaining Access to SalesForce blocked by 2 Step Verification
If API Nation is unable to log into a user’s Salesforce account because verification is required, there is a way for the user to prevent this step from being required to login. This process is great for avoiding needing to have a call just to gain access to Salesforce.
Verification requirement example from Salesforce:
Steps for user to take:
From Salesforce, go to “Setup”.
2. Search for “network access”.
3. Click on “Network Access” within the “Security” page.
4. Click “New” on the “Network Access” page.
5. API Nation to provide user with IP address. API Nation team member needing access to Salesforce can find this information by Googling “what is my ip address”
6. User to take the IP address provided by API Nation and populate it in the fields below.
7. It is recommended to include the API Nation team member’s name in the description in the event that more than one API Nation team member is assisting the user as each individual is likely to have a unique IP address.
8. Click “Save”
9. The API Nation team member should now be able to log into Salesforce without a verification code being required.