Connecting Your Shop Boss Account to QuickBooks Desktop via API Nation
This Shop Boss integration is a huge boon for QuickBooks users! It’s always on, it’s always syncing the two apps, keeping the info in lockstep. As soon as you close a repair order, part sale, or create a payment in Shop Boss, that info is flashed into your attached QuickBooks Desktop account within the hour. No copying, no pasting, no data entry errors and hassle.
How to Set It Up
The only way to set up this particular integration is through your Shop Boss account. You will not be able to successfully set up the integration by starting in API Nation, but you absolutely can manage an existing integration from Shop Boss here.
To Set up:
Log into your Shop Boss account at shopbosspro.com
Navigate to the Accounting section on the left hand side
Click on QuickBooks
Click on Create API Nation Account
Select "Setup Desktop Version"
You'll be taken to the instruction to create the connection between QuickBooks Desktop and Shop Boss.
After that process is finished, we're ready to configure your integration.
There's just a few options to consider:
- Choose your Income Account to be used for those invoices coming from Shop Boss
- Check this box if you would like $0 repair orders to also be synced to QuickBooks from Shop Boss (not-typical)
- Check this box to use Shop Boss taxes (typical)
- Shop Boss taxes are going to be more accurate that taxes from QuickBooks. If you choose to use QuickBooks taxes instead, know that there will often be a 1-5 cents difference. Uncheck this box only if you talked with your accounting professional and they are aware of the situation.
- Click Subscribe, a payment box will pop up to accept your payment information. As soon as that is submitted the subscription and ongoing sync has begun!
How Does it Work
This integration syncs payments made in Shop Boss as payments in QuickBooks. When a Repair Order is closed in Shop Boss an identical Invoice is created in QuickBooks with the matching RO number.
How to Bulk Transfer
There is an option to bulk transfer transactions from Shop Boss to QuickBooks Desktop. Users will often do this to import batches of previous transactions, or to remedy previous QuickBooks entries.
Before doing a Bulk Transfer, please call API Nation to ensure success throughout the process.
That’s it, we’ve now connected your Shop Boss and QuickBooks accounts! All those invoices and payments will create themself from now on. So you can go ahead and tell your nephew, intern, or whoever you tasked with the copying and pasting that they can move on to some more interesting work. Like getting you coffee ☕👍