How can I begin syncing kvCORE and Google Contacts?
In this article, we will go step by step on the process of setting up the integration between kvCORE and Google Contacts, lets get started!
1.) If you haven't already, you'll want to access the first page on onboarding here.
2.) From here, you'll want to click 'Connect kvCORE' and then enter your kvCORE credentials and click on 'Authorize':
3.) On this step, you'll be prompted to choose which Google Contacts connection you'd like to use, if you already have the desired Google Contacts account connected, you're able to select this one. For example's sake, we'll go ahead and connect a Google Contacts connection for the first time below:
4.) Once you've connected Google Contacts, we are almost ready to begin syncing, but lets review the options you can select:
- Two-way sync between kvCORE and Google Contacts: With this radio button, you'll be able to specify that you'd like to sync contacts in both directions between kvCORE and Google Contacts.
- Sync kvCORE people to Google Contacts contacts: With this radio button, you'll be able to specify that you'd like to sync contacts only from kvcore to Google Contacts.
- Sync Google Contacts contacts to kvCORE people: With this radio button, you'll be able to specify that you'd like to sync contacts only from Google Contacts to kvCORE.
- Type Filter: In this dropdown, you can specify the 'Type' of lead you'd like to sync or you can simply sync 'ALL' of your contacts regardless of their type from kvCORE into Google Contacts.
- Source Filter: In this dropdown, you can specify the 'Source' of lead you'd like to sync or you can simply sync 'ALL' of your contacts regardless of their source from kvCORE into Google Contacts.
- Select Contact Folder: In this dropdown, you can specify which Google Contacts group you'd like to sync your contacts into (or where from).
- Do not overwrite information in Google Contacts fields. Only add information into blank fields: With this checkbox, we can specify if we would like data to be overwritten in Google Contacts if we find a match or if we should only populate data into fields with no value.
- Sync All on First Run: This option decides if you'd like to sync all of your contacts from kvCORE/Google Contacts; if this option is left unchecked, the integration will only sync contacts from kvCORE/Google Contacts as contacts are created or updated in kvCORE/Google Contacts; generally speaking we do recommend checking this box if you'd like to receive all of your data, but the choice is yours!
In the example below, we will use the default settings and click 'Start Sync', once we click this button we will be prompted to enter our payment information for the monthly subscription for this service (NOTE: If you already have a payment method on file, it will default to this payment method):
5.) At this point we are all setup!
At this point, we will sync contacts between the two platforms as long as there are the following three required fields:
- An email address
- A first name
- A last name