How can I begin syncing kvCORE to iCloud Contacts?
In this article, we will go step by step on the process of setting up the integration between kvCORE to iCloud Contacts, lets get started!
1.) If you haven't already, you'll want to access the first page on onboarding here.
2.) From here, you'll want to navigate to the where it says 'kvCORE people to iCloud Contacts contacts' and click 'Activate':
3.) From here, you'll want to click 'Connect kvCORE account' and then enter your kvCORE credentials and click on 'Authorize':
4.) From here, you'll want to click 'Connect iCloud Contacts account' (NOTE: You will need to use an 'App Specific' password for your iCloud account, this is NOT your regular password. Instructions on how to obtain this can be found here or you can watch a video tutorial here.)
5.) Once you've connected iCloud, we are almost ready to begin syncing, but lets review the options you can select:
- Sync All on First Run: This option decides if you'd like to sync all of your contacts from kvCORE if this option is left unchecked, the integration will only sync contacts from kvCORE as contacts are created or updated in kvCORE; generally speaking we do recommend checking this box if you'd like to receive all of your data, but the choice is yours!
- Type Filter: In this dropdown, you can specify the 'Type' of lead you'd like to sync or you can simply sync 'ALL' of your contacts regardless of their type from kvCORE into iCloud-Contacts.
- Source Filter: In this dropdown, you can specify the 'Source' of lead you'd like to sync or you can simply sync 'ALL' of your contacts regardless of their source from kvCORE into iCloud-Contacts.
- Mapping: The mapping of the integration will come with some preset fields that are already linked together, but you are free to map them however you like.
NOTE: In order for contacts to sync into iCloud, they MUST have the following fields to sync into iCloud:
- A first name OR a last name (or both!)
- An email address OR a phone number (or both!)
With this in mind, be sure that these fields are mapped to ensure your contacts sync into iCloud.
In the example below, we will use the default settings and click 'Start Sync', once we click this button we will be prompted to enter our payment information for the monthly subscription for this service (NOTE: If you already have a payment method on file, it will default to this payment method):
6.) At this point we are all setup!
At this point, we will sync contacts between into iCloud as long as the contacts have the following required fields:
- An Email Address OR Phone Number
- A First name OR Last Name