Keller Williams has partnered with API Nation to provide a solution for syncing leads/contacts between Command and other 3rd party systems like Google/iCloud Contacts, Constant Contact, Mailchimp, and more. The Listings-to-Leads sync is specifically set up to allow you to bring the leads from this platform into Command, where you can nurture, convert, and close transactions. There is no way to sync Command leads/contacts with Listings-to-Leads.
The process begins with purchasing an API Nation sync subscription from the KW Marketplace. Once that is done, you can start creating custom syncs for that specific system and begin bringing leads over into Command.
To sync leads from Listings-to-Leads with Command using API Nation:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your KW login credentials.
2. Click the Marketplace icon, , at the top of the page.
3. At the top right of the page, click My Apps.
4. You will see a list of your active Marketplace subscriptions, click the KW Command and Listings-to-Leads API Nation app.
If you have previously set up a Listings-to-Leads sync with Command:
1. Once you get to API Nation, click Apps, at the top of the page.
2. Find and select KW Command, from the apps list.
3. Scroll down and select Listings-to-Leads.
4. Scroll down and select Activate next to "Setup Wizard."
5. Choose the Listings-to-Leads account you want to sync with Command.
- If this is your first sync with Command, click Connect Listings to Leads account.
- If you have already set up a Listings-to-Leads sync with Command, you have the option of using the account you previously connected (the login credentials are saved in the system), or you can choose to sync with a totally different Listings-to-Leads account (you will then be prompted to follow the login flow shown below).
Review Initial Settings
Before you start syncing, there are some initial options to be aware of. The settings will generally determine what you want to sync. You will be able to pivot on any of these settings, in the next section, before you actually start syncing contacts.
1. First, you will see the Listings-to-Leads account you are going to sync with Command. The following settings have to do with the initial sync when pushing leads from Listings-to-Leads to Command:
This drop-down determines exactly which leads will sync to Command, based on their Contact Type. Select Buyer, Seller or All, using this drop-down, in order to start the sync.
Sync All Contacts on First Run
- If you check this box - all of your Listings-to-Leads leads will sync to Command. Once the initial sync is complete, API Nation will then look for new or updated leads to sync going forward.
- If you leave this box unchecked - API Nation will only look for new or updated contacts going forward.
Do not overwrite information in KW Command fields. Only add information into blank fields.
- If you check this box - if a lead already exists in both systems, but has different information in matching fields, API Nation will not replace any existing information in Command. API Nation will only look for blank fields, in Command to fill with Listings-to-Leads data.
- If you leave this box unchecked - if a lead already exists in both systems, but has different information in matching fields, the information in Listings-to-Leads will replace the information in Command.
2. At the bottom of the page, check the box labeled "I am not using any other contact syncs (Piesync, etc.)." Click Continue.
- We strongly recommend turning off any other integrations you have between these two applications to avoid duplicates and other unpredictable scenarios with integrations outside of API Nation.
Set Up and Initiate Syncs
Now we need to set up the sync that was created in the previous section. Ensure that you verify the settings and field mapping before activating the sync:
1. In the sync header, Ignore the Activate Sync button, at the top of the page, for the time being. Click the title of the sync to make any edits. Keep in mind, you might create several syncs for the same app, so be purposeful with the sync title.
2. In this first section, you will see the initial settings (specific to the sync you are looking at) that we detailed in the previous section above. Here, you are able to make any changes you need, before actually starting the sync.
1. In the filters section, you can set rules around which contacts you want to sync or not sync. Select a field (these will vary depending on the app you are syncing), then select a qualifying statement, and select a value (if the qualifying statement needs a value). For Example:
- Phone number (field), is not empty (qualifying statement) - if a lead does not have a primary phone number, it will not sync.
2. Click Advanced Mode to add additional filters. Once clicked, you will see two options for adding additional filters:
Add Rule - this creates an "or" rule. Each filter creates a limit on what will actually sync. Adding an "or" rule opens up the criteria a little and creates a situation where more contacts will sync. In the screenshot below, the original filter limited the contacts to be synced to those that have a primary phone number. This additional "or" rule says the contact must have a primary phone number or a primary email address, in order to sync.
Add Filter - this creates an "and" filter. Adding an "and" filter tightens the criteria and creates a situation where contacts have to meet more than one criteria, in order to sync. In the screenshot below, the original filter limited the contacts to be synced to those that have a primary phone number. This additional "and" filter says the contact must have a primary phone number and a primary email address, in order to sync.
Combining Rules and Filters - if you are going to use both rules (or) and filters (and) in the same contact sync, it is very important to be purposeful about where you add rules.
- In the GIF below, if I add the rule before the filter it will read as: The contact must have (a primary phone OR address line 1) AND a primary email address, in order to sync.
- In the GIF below, if I add the rule after the filter it will read as: The contact must have a primary phone number AND (a primary email address OR address line 1), in order to sync.
3. Click Save when finished.
Mapping and Custom Fields
The last thing to set up is the field mapping, between Listings-to-Leads and Command. Most of this has been done for you, but when you are able to make adjustments:
Map Fields - below the list of mapped fields, you will see a list of unmapped fields. Drag one field to another (or click the first field, and then the field on the other side) to map them together.
Remove Mapping - this will cause the information from, the unmapped field, to not sync over. To remove the mapping for any field, click the minus sign, , between the two mapped fields.
Once you are ready to start syncing contacts, scroll to the top of the page and click the Activate Sync button.