How can I begin syncing Outlook Contacts to iCloud Contacts?
In this article, we will go step by step on the process of setting up the integration from Outlook Contacts to iCloud Contacts, lets get started!
1.) If you haven't already, you'll want to access the first page on onboarding here.
2.) From here, you'll want to navigate to the where it says 'Office 365 contacts to iCloud Contacts contacts' and click 'Activate':
From here, you will want to confirm that you are not using any other integrations between these two applications (This is to prevent scenarios such as duplicated contacts), once confirmed, you'll want to click on 'Connect Outlook account' and enter your desired Outlook credentials and follow the prompts to allow API Nation to connect to Outlook Contacts:
4.) From here, you'll want to click 'Connect iCloud Contacts account' (NOTE: You will need to use an 'App Specific' password for your iCloud account, this is NOT your regular password. Instructions on how to obtain this can be found here or you can watch a video tutorial here.)
5.) Once you've connected iCloud Contacts, we are almost ready to begin syncing, but lets review the options you can select:
- Sync All on First Run: This option decides if you'd like to sync all of your contacts from Outlook; if this option is left unchecked, the integration will only sync contacts from Outlook as contacts are created or updated in Outlook ; generally speaking we do recommend checking this box if you'd like to receive all of your data, but the choice is yours!
- Select Contact Folder: In this dropdown, you can specify which Outlook Contacts group you'd like to sync your contacts from, if you do not wish to specify a group, use 'Default'.
- Mapping: The mapping of the integration will come with some preset fields that are already linked together, but you are free to map them however you like.
NOTE: In order for contacts to sync into iCloud, they MUST have the following fields to sync into iCloud:
- A first name OR a last name (or both!)
- An email address OR a phone number (or both!)
Once we have confirmed all of our settings, we can scroll up to the top of the page and click 'Start Sync', once we click this button we will be prompted to enter our payment information for the monthly subscription for this service (NOTE: If you already have a payment method on file, it will default to this payment method):
6.) At this point we are all setup!
At this point, we will sync contacts into iCloud as long as the contacts have the following required fields:
- An Email Address OR Phone Number
- A First name OR Last Name