How can I begin syncing Skyslope to Google Sheets?
In this article, we will go step by step on the process of setting up the integration between Skyslope and Google Sheets, lets get started!
1.) If you haven't already, you'll want to access the first page on onboarding here, from there you'll either want to sign into your already existing API Nation account or create a new API Nation account!
2.) Once you are logged into your API Nation account, you can click 'Connect Skyslope', from here you'll be prompted to established three items, we can break them down below:
- Label: This is simply the name of your connection, you can name this what you'd like, in the example below we'll call it Skyslope
- Secret: This is your 'Secret Key' in Skyslope, there are links on how to locate this in Skyslope via the API Nation for onboarding for this product, but we will also provide this documentation here.
- Access Key: This is your 'Access Key' in Skyslope, there are links on how to locate this in Skyslope via the API Nation for onboarding for this product, but we will also provide this documentation here.
Once all of this is filled out, you can click 'Connect' to get your Skyslope account connected to API Nation and then proceed to the next step:
3.) On this step, you'll be prompted to choose which Google Sheets connection you'd like to use, if you already have the desired Google Sheets account connected, you're able to select this one. For example's sake, we'll go ahead and connect a Google Sheets connection for the first time below:
4.) Once you've connected Google Sheets, we are almost ready to begin syncing, but lets review the options you can select:
- Sync Transactions from SkySlope to Google Sheets Spreadsheet: Checking off this option will sync your Transaction information from Skyslope to Google Sheets, if you'd like, you can view a demo spreadsheet here.
Checking off this option will sync your participant information from your Skyslope transactions to Google Sheets, if you'd like, you can view a demo spreadsheet here.
- Sync All on First Run: This option decides if you'd like to sync all of your data from Skyslope into Google Sheets; if this option is left unchecked, the integration will only sync data from Skyslope as transactions are created or updated in Skyslope; generally speaking we do recommend checking this box if you'd like to receive all of your data, but the choice is yours!
In the example below, we will check off all of the boxes to and then click on 'Start Sync', once we click this button we will be prompted to enter our payment information for the $10 per month subscription for this service (NOTE: If you already have a payment method on file, it will default to this payment method):
5.) At this point we are all setup!
From here, we will begin syncing data into spreadsheets within the Google account that you selected, so be sure you're logged into the correct Google account after visiting this link.
By default, the sheets will have the following names: