How can I begin syncing zipForm to Google Sheets?
In this article, we will go step by step on the process of setting up the integration between zipForm and Google Sheets, lets get started!
1.) If you haven't already, you'll want to access the first page on onboarding here.
2.) At this point, you'll be asked to provide your zipForm Username and Password, to proceed to the next step:
(NOTE: The process to locating your zipForm credentials can be tricky if you're unsure of how to locate them, luckily we've created this article to assist you with this if you're struggling)
3.) On this step, you'll be prompted to choose which Google Sheets connection you'd like to use, if you already have the desired Google Sheets account connected, you're able to select this one. For example's sake, we'll go ahead and connect a Google Sheets connection for the first time below:
4.) Once you've connected Google Sheets, we are almost ready to begin syncing, but lets review the options you can select:
- zipForm Transactions to Google Sheets Spreadsheet: Checking off this option will sync your Transaction information from zipForm to Google Sheets, if you'd like, you can view a demo spreadsheet here.
Checking off this option will sync your participant information from your zipForm transactions to Google Sheets, if you'd like, you can view a demo spreadsheet here.
- zipForm events to Google Sheets Spreadsheet: Checking off this option will sync your event information from your zipForm transactions to Google Sheets, if you'd like, you can view a demo spreadsheet here.
- Select Transaction Statuses: In this dropdown, you can choose which transactions you'd like to sync by narrowing them down by 'status', so if you choose 'Active', the integration will only sync data from transactions that are 'Active' in zipForm.
- Select zipForm Team: In this dropdown, you can choose which transactions you'd like to sync by narrowing them down by the zipForm 'Team', so if you choose a specific team, the integration will only sync data from the team that is selected.
- Sync All on First Run: This option decides if you'd like to sync all of your data from zipForm into Google Sheets; if this option is left unchecked, the integration will only sync data from zipForm as transactions are created or updated in zipForm; generally speaking we do recommend checking this box if you'd like to receive all of your data, but the choice is yours!
In the example below, we will check off all of the boxes/set the dropdowns to 'all' and then click on 'Start Sync', once we click this button we will be prompted to enter our payment information for the monthly subscription for this service (NOTE: If you already have a payment method on file, it will default to this payment method):
5.) At this point we are all setup!
From here, we will begin syncing data into spreadsheets within the Google account that you selected, so be sure you're logged into the correct Google account after visiting this link.
By default, the sheets will have the following names: